“…[Breastfeeding] benefits the child and helps to create the closeness and maternal bonding so necessary for healthy child development. So human and natural is this bond that the Psalms use the image of the infant at its mother’s breast as a picture of God’s care for man…"
- Pope John Paul II
our Statement of Faith
- The Catholic Nursing Mothers League acknowledges that the Catholic Church was founded by Christ and assents to all that the Church authentically teaches through the Magisterium.
- The teachings of the Roman Pontiffs and the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith are accepted by CNML as authoritative.
- In particular, the Catholic Nursing Mothers League assents to the following specific teachings that bear on our work as supporters of breastfeeding mothers:
- We respect the sanctity of all human life from conception to natural death. We oppose all forms of abortion, both surgical and via abortafacient devices and drugs.
- We believe that marriage is between one man and one woman and that children are the supreme gift of marriage. We believe that married couples are called to be generous in the service of life and to exercise responsible parenthood.
- We reject all unnatural forms of birth control, and we reject as contrary to God’s plan all means of seeking conception in which technological interventions are substituted for the marriage act. We accept the morality of natural means of birth regulation for couples with a serious reason to space their children.